Senior Software and Machine Learning Engineer 🚀 at TWT in Berlin and the Creator of Defects AI. Highly interested and enthusiastic about new technologies ❤ I invest every day at least two hours into learning new frameworks, languages and any other topic which might be important for a Software Engineer.
I am pragmatic and work autonomously with a strong positive attitude and overcome challenges with passion. Work is a place to grow, learn and share knowledge.
If you look for someone passionate in crafting high quality, feel free to contact me one of the social media networks like Xing, Twitter or LinkedIn as well as on development based sites like Stackoverflow and Github.
- 10/2008 - 09/2012 - B.Sc., Computer Science, University of Applied Sciences, Kaiserslautern. Thesis: "Conception and implementation of an isometric cross-platform tiled map engine for the Cocos2D-x framework"
The Bachelor Thesis is online and a contribution to the Cocos2D-x framework community
05/2018 - Present, Senior Software and Machine Learning Engineer, TWT Business Solutions GmbH (Berlin)
- Building scalable machine learning solutions, used sucessfully in customer production environments.
- Visual Inspection
- Object Detection
- Image Classification
- Text Classification
- Entity Recognition
- Sentiment Analysis
- Keras, TensorFlow, Kubeflow, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks, NumPy
- Data Analysis, Preprocessing, Model Evaluation
- Hyperparameter Tuning
- Distributed and Scaled Training
- Google Cloud Platform
- Implementation of large data processing pipelines used for machine learing processing.
- Google Cloud Search.
- Implementation of Enterprise Search Applications with Norconex, Google Cloud Search.
- Extensive knowledge transfer within the team with weekly presentations.
01/2015 - 04/2018, Team Lead, ecx.io - an IBM Company
- Successful management of a team consisting of developers, scrum masters and quality engineers (10+) in an agile environment.
- Leadership and implementation of the migration from SVN to Git on all 6 company locations, including introduction of company-wide code review culture.
- Implementation of a Release- and Deployment Management which grows with our business and development needs.
- Leading of cross-functional English-speaking teams across different locations.
- Development of strategy in accordance with overall company strategy.
- Foster a role model for company spirit and culture.
- Identification of under/over capacities.
01/2014 - 04/2018, Technical Architect, ecx.io - an IBM Company
- Identification and understanding of the business value.
- Technical coordination with the Customers.
- Support of product owner for backlog creation and management.
- Presentation and discussion of technical details and solutions.
- Challenging the feasibility of requirements.
- Presentation of implementation ideas.
- Guidance and support of developer.
- Creating of release plans.
- Research of new technologies and solutions.
- Creation of detailed technical concepts and implementation details.
- Estimation of project costs and budget.
- Discussion and presentation of architectural approaches with product owner and developers.
- Definition and documentation of standards for architectural approaches.
04/2013 - 04/2018, Professional .NET Developer, ecx.io - an IBM Company
04/2012 - 09/2012, Software Developer Game Engine, Nurogames
- Implementation and extension of a Cross-Platform game engine for smartphones and tablets in C++ and Java.
- Usage of the popular Cocos2D-x Framework, Java Native Interface and OpenGL ES.
10/2007 - 03/2008, Software Developer, Human Solutions
- Implementation of a statistical tool in Visual Basic, to measure the accuracy of a large 3D data set.
- Creation of 3D Content for usage in user trainings (Illustrations of the Human Body).
- Installation and Calibration of 3D- body scanner.
I love creating projects to learn new technology, here are some of the projects.
05/2018 - Present, Founder , Defects AI
- Defects AI is a fully automated service to predict labels for GitHub issues, using machine learning models which are trained in particular to that use case. Don’t waste your time on labeling issues, use your it to solve them instead.
- Started as a side project based on years of experience in a fast-growing company with a lot of customers. I wanted to provide a tool which supports Companies to solve quality issues. This allowed us to focus again on the customer's needs which increases the income of the company and the happiness of our customers and teams.
- Google Cloud, Tensorflow, React, Node.js
If you want to know more about this machine learning product have a look at the corresponding blog post.
- German: native language
- English: Professional proficiency
- Hebrew: learning
- Russian: learning
- Leadership and collaboration in multi-national and English-speaking teams.
- 8 years experience in C#
Kubeflow, Google AI Platform, Keras, TensorFlow, Google Cloud Platform, Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Matplot
Python, Java, .NET, .NETCore, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Webforms,Java, TDS, Unicorn, PowerShell, ReSharper, DotTrace, DotPeek, Visual Studio, IIS
MongoDB, Microsoft SQL, Firebase
Lucene, Solr, Mindbreeze
GIT❤, Github, Stash, Bitbucket, SVN
Jenkins, Bamboo, Heroku, TravisCI, NPM, Gulp, Webpack, Yarn
Development Methods and Tools
Scrum, Kanban, TDD, JIRA, Confluence, Unit Testing
- Quantum computing
- Learning new technologies
- Google - Professional Data Engineer
- Serverless Machine Learning with Tensorflow on Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud - How Google does Machine Learning
- Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Leveraging Unstructured Data with Cloud Dataproc on Google Cloud Platform
The views expressed on this blog are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
I like to travel a lot, I have seen so far 37 countries and not independent areas around the world and there are lot more they are worth to travel.
- 🇨🇿 Czech Republic
- 🇯🇴 Jordan
- 🇮🇱 Israel
- 🇧🇪 Belgium
- 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
- 🇨🇺 Cuba
- 🇩🇴 Dominican Republic
- 🇩🇪 Germany
- 🇳🇴 Norway
- 🇸🇪 Sweden
- 🇩🇰 Denmark
- 🇬🇧 Great Britain
- 🇮🇩 Indonesia - Java
- 🇮🇩 Indonesia - Bali
- 🇳🇱 Netherlands
- 🇱🇹 Lithuania
- 🇱🇻 Latvia
- 🇱🇺 Luxembourg
- 🇵🇱 Poland
- 🇦🇹 Austria
- 🇨🇭 Switzerland
- 🇮🇹 Italy
- 🇨🇾 Cyprus
- 🇪🇬 Egypt
- 🇪🇸 Spain
- 🇫🇮 Finland
- 🇫🇷 France
- 🇹🇷 Turkey
- 🇹🇳 Tunisia
- 🇭🇷 Croatia
- 🇨🇷 Costa Rica
- 🇬🇷 Greece (Rhodos)
- 🇧🇬 Bulgaria
- 🇷🇺 Russia
- not independent areas
(Fuerteventura, La Palma, Lanzarote, Teneriffa)